Committed to Excellence – Every Patient, Every Time.
And connected with one of the nation’s highest performing health networks, Covenant Health.
Covenant Medical Group is Covenant Health’s employed and managed medical practice organization, with more than 3,000 doctors, physician assistants, nurses, and other clinical and clerical staff in nearly all medical specialties. Our primary care and specialty clinics comprise over 80 offices that span East Tennessee and the Cumberland Plateau, because we believe healthcare is about more than a single clinic – it’s an entire community of care.
For Covenant Health to accomplish its mission of improving the quality of life through better health, a shared vision and collaboration with physicians are essential. Physicians partner with the health system in many ways including employment, as members of hospital medical staff s and Covenant’s board of directors, in committee leadership roles, through joint ventures, and in the development of service line strategies. Covenant Medical Group, Inc. (CMG) employs or manages many physician practices throughout the Covenant Health system. With more than 150 physicians practicing in locations throughout Tennessee, CMG includes both primary care and specialty physicians. Covenant Health works with all of our physician partners – employed or non-employed – to provide a seamless continuum of care and excellent outcomes for patients.
About Covenant Health
Covenant Medical Group is a member of Covenant Health, the region’s top performing healthcare network. Community-owned and headquartered in Knoxville, Covenant Health includes nine acute-care hospitals, numerous outpatient and physician clinic locations, and specialty services for behavioral health, oncology, rehabilitation, home care, and community wellness and outreach programs.
Our employees are extremely important in the overall success of Covenant Health. They work with us to accomplish our mission of improving the quality of life through better health in the communities we serve. When it comes to striving for excellence in all we do, we need the best.
Our physicians train at some of the highest ranked medical schools and fellowship programs in the country. And, they choose to affiliate with Covenant Medical Group and Covenant Health. They bring their world-class expertise to care for the more than two million patients we serve each year. Physicians partner with the health system in many ways:
- Hospital medical staff
- Members of Covenant Health’s Board of Directors
- Committee leadership roles
- Joint ventures
- Development of service line strategies
Covenant Health works with all of our physician partners – employed or non-employed – to ensure excellent outcomes for our patients.
One of America’s Best Employers Three Years in a Row
Covenant Health is the only health system in East Tennessee on Becker’s list of “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2018 and has been named three years in a row by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the categories of Best Large Employer, Best Employer for Diversity, and Best Employer for Women.
Our Pledge of Excellence
Covenant Health employees are unified by one covenant: to put our patients first, strive for excellence in everything we do, and make Covenant Health the first choice for patients in our region. If you’re passionate about patient care and our pledge of excellence resonates with you, we welcome you to join our team.
Specialties and Services
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Diabetes Management
- General Surgery
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Infectious Disease
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Occupational Medicine
- Oncology and Hematology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Palliative Care
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Primary Care
- Reproductive Medicine
- Walk-In Clinics
- Weight Management
Discover Beautiful East Tennessee
Located on the Tennessee River with the Great Smoky Mountains as a backdrop, Knoxville serves as the hub of the East Tennessee region and is home to a vibrant downtown area anchored by Market Square and its wonderful local restaurants and boutiques. Revitalized, historic neighborhoods dot the downtown landscape.
Knoxville is surrounded by smaller communities, each with their own character and personality:
- Sevierville serves as the gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains and the tourist attractions of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
- Lenoir City is home to Tellico Village, a beautiful golf and retirement resort located on Tellico Lake.
- Oak Ridge is the “secret city” that was founded as a production site for the Manhattan Project and today plays a crucial role in our national security’s scientific development.
- Morristown serves as the seat for an eight county area northeast of Knoxville and features a revitalized downtown and beautiful outdoor setting.
- Harriman, located between the Tennessee Valley and Cumberland Plateau, is a quaint town with a considerable number of restored Victorian homes that hail from when the town was founded in 1889.
- Crossville sits atop the Cumberland Plateau. Located halfway between Knoxville and Nashville, Crossville enjoys cooler summers and is known as the Golf Capital of Tennessee.
- New Tazewell in Claiborne County offers many opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast with its proximity to Lake Norris and the beautiful Cumberland Gap National Historic Park.
Financially and academically, Knoxville is a smart place to call home. Our cost of living is 15% below the national average and Tennessee does not have a state income tax. Public schools are excellent, and private schools are also available. Our region is home to the University of Tennessee, and the Tennessee Hope Scholarship will pay for the first two years of community college for students who meet the program’s academic standards.
Whether you’re looking for the bright lights and big city nights of Knoxville or a rural pace of life, our region has it all waiting for you